So now that I have the car, it’s time to start doing things. Nothing major, but some nice summer projects, in order of priority:
- Alignment, check-up, oil change – scheduled for Monday.
- Wash, wax, buff out the small clearcoat scratches – as soon as the weather gets nice.
- New speakers – as soon as I can figure out how to fit the back ones.
- De-badging – I’m thinking I might remove the “SAAB” and “9-3″ from the trunk, but I’m not sure yet.
- Possibly get some smoked side markers to replace the amber units – I don’t think this would be complicated but I’m on the fence about doing it at all.
- Replace the black interior door handles with chrome ones – if I can freaking find any.
- Replace the lower center console – the current one has a hole drilled in it and some scratches, so if I can find a cheap one it might be a weekend project.
- New tires – maybe around fall, and these would possibly be accompanied by new, larger wheels as well.
- Look into getting the one larger scratch buffed out – we’ll see how the car holds up before I decide whether professional cosmetic work is worth it.
So not very much at all; just a bunch of nitpicky little things to keep me occupied and obsessive.