Observations from a Saturday in Minneapolis
09 Oct 06
- The Acura RDX is interesting, but not interesting enough to get out of the car. Especially if you’re hungry.
- There is a Chipotle Grill near the Acura dealership in Bloomington. This is an exciting development, because it picked up what otherwise turned out to be an almost totally unproductive day.
- IKEA Minneapolis, I give up. You were temporarily oversold on not one, but both of the items I came there to buy. Last time we tried to buy a shelf you didn’t have any on the floor, and were unable to take them down from the overhead area before the next day. That’s… inconvenient to say the least. Word has it that 65% of your customer base is local, so this kind of service, while inconvenient, may be okay with them. But that leaves 35% of your customers that drive hours from other areas only to exit empty-handed. It seems as though you’re not familiar with inventory management, which is sad because even Wal-Mart is better at it than you.
- Marshall Field’s has officially transitioned to Macy’s, marking the 2nd name change for all the local stores in less than 5 years.
- If you plan on visiting the Genius Bar at the Apple Store, prepare to wait.
- The 24″ iMac is beyond ridiculous. Abe thought it looked blurry.
- The 17″ Macbook Pro has the same max resolution as my 20″ Apple display.
- We checked Verizon, T-Mobile, and Cingular. None of them had Blackberry cases.
- CompUSA had manager’s specials on video games and that’s why they’re my favorite store. And also why I own PGR 3.
- Circuit City has an overwhelming number of large TV’s. And they were playing the same Eagles concert DVD that they were last time we were there. In July.
- It’s lame when the band you came to Minneapolis to see cancels for “a band emergency.”
- Olive Garden breadsticks and soup are good. And better when combined. Like Voltron.