I actually finished Metroid Fusion like an hour ago. It’s good. I’m also almost done with Prime–that’s an ending I’m really looking forward to. I’ve now gained the ability to play the original Metroid on the Gamecube, but I have to buy a link cable for that. I’m not too eager, since I already have a real copy of the original.
Also, thanks partially to iMesh and Abe’s computer, we’ve been seeing lots of movies lately. And Adult Swim. Lots of Adult Swim.
Also, I pre-advise for classes tomorrow for next fall. Whee!
Which, I suppose, may or may not be a benefit of having it connected to the reciever. Anyway, some more stuff:
- First and foremost, after like 9 months of procrastination, I’m finally updating the bio pages on the site. I’ve finished mine but Abe still has to write his so that probably won’t be up for another 6 months.
- I got the big art history test back today…91!
- I just had to write 100-150 words about Futura Extra Bold. For a class.
I think the above statement pretty much sums it up. A list of things that have happened since I last wrote:
- I had an art history test. I know my Giotto, so it went well.
- Hey, last Thursday was Michelangelo’s birthday. The Michelangelo.
- I bought this CD, A New Brain. It’s written by William Finn, the guy who wrote Falsettos, another great show.
- We saw Rent last Tuesday. That was fun.
- My computer got broke, but then fixed again.
- I cleaned the bathroom.
- The heat in our apartment went out; that was painful.
- I like making lists of things.
- Abe bought something but I can’t tell you what it is.
- Abe’s parents bought stuff too, and I can tell you about that. They now have a real bona fide home theatre, including a Panasonic 45″ HDTV, a Sony 5.1 reciever, and a Panasonic DVD/VCR unit (I’m not particularly fond of that last one). It really is a good setup, especially for them, and I am happy because I got to help pick out the components and speakers (also Sonys). Of course it could be much better, but for what they spent it performs very well.
- I bought this other CD yesterday, Everclear’s Slow Motion Daydream. The whole situation in itself, though, is rather odd, because it’s not supposed to be released until tomorrow, so Best Buy had inadvertently stocked their shelves when they got the shipment in. Imagine my surprise to see that, since it was pictured in the flyer as a “new release, not available until Tuesday.” The point of this all, is, it was on sale in the flyer for $9.99, and so when I took it to the check-out to buy it, it of course rang up wrong. I mentioned that it was discounted and the manager marked it down for me, but then they had to go back and pull all of the other ones off of the shelf because they shouldn’t be available yet.
- We also got this great car. I’ll let Abe tell you more about that, too.